Duathlon aces gunning for glory in Germany in the European Championships
- Credit: Archant
A host of local stars are aiming to claim international glory this weekend.
Six members of the St Neots-based NiceTri club and two Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri athletes will compete in the European Duathlon Championships in Germany.
Tom Stead (M20-24), Dawn Parr (F40-44), Paul Ridley (M45-49), Karl Hiner (M50-54) and Phil Redden (M60-64) will all be in action in Kalkir over the sprint distance of a 5km run, 20km bike and 2.5km run.
They all have previous Great Britain appearances under their belts while Stead is no stranger to success on the European stage.
He won the 16-19 age group when the event was held in Madrid last year and now steps up into the 20-24 bracket in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow NiceTri member Sam Williams makes his GB debut in the M35-39 bracket over the standard distance of a 10km run, 40km bike and a 5km run.
The two BRJ Run & Tri members joining them in pursuit of a European triumph are Cy Gearing (M45-49) over the standard distance and Ollie Wood (M16-19) in the sprint event.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester