Duathlete Pat Ellerbeck powers to Great Britain berth
- Credit: Archant
Pat Ellerbeck booked his place at this summer’s World Championships with a fine performance last weekend.
Ellerbeck, of the St Neots Nicetri club, won the M60-64 age group in the Bedford Autodrome Sprint Duathlon – an event featuring a 5km run, 20km cycle and 2.5km run.
It was enough to secure a Great Britain spot for the June world event in Spain.
Two of Ellerbeck’s clubmates, Phil Redden and Lauren York, also earned GB berths as a result of their displays at Bedford.
Other performances of note came from Tom Stead, who finished second in the M25-29 age group and took 13th spot overall, and Paul Ruddlesdin, who smashed his 5km personal best in the opening run.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Nicetri results: Men - 13 Tom Stead (M25-29) 56:05, 59 Kyle Chesterman (M25-29) 59:39, 67 Karl Hiner (M50-54) 1:00.02, 77 Brad Edwards (M30-34) 1:00.51, 102 Scott Thomas (M15-19) 1:02.16, 120 Kye Liddle (M30-34) 1:03.34, 137 Paul Ridley (M45-49) 1:06.11, 143 Pat Ellerbeck (M60-64) 1:07.01, 147 Paul Newell (M50-54) 1:08.11, 154 Leslie Thomas (M40-44) 1:08.11, 166 Phil Redden (M60-64) 1:09.11, 174 Jeremy Hill (M45-49) 1:10.26, 191 Paul Ruddlesdin (M45-49) 1:17.26. Ladies – 25 Lauren York (F20-24) 1:09.11.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester