Dream weekend for Lola as Dyson takes half-second victory
LOLA enjoyed a dream weekend at the sixth round of the American Le Mans Series at Mid Ohio.
LOLA enjoyed dream weekend at sixth round of the American Le Mans Series at Mid Ohio, locking out the front row before taking the overall win through Dyson Racing.
The Lola-Mazda Coupe driven by team owner Chris Dyson overtook the Highcroft Racing HPD in his final stint and held on to win by half a second.
“We had a good car all weekend,” Dyson said. “It stopped well, put the power down in key areas, and it was extremely consistent as the fuel burned off. The guys in the pits did an amazing job putting us in the right place with our strategy, and the stops were great.”
The Lola LMP Coupe of Drayson Racing had earlier secured the team’s first ALMS pole position, before a collision dropped them out of the race.
You may also want to watch:
The next round of the American Le Mans Series takes place at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin on August 21.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester