Draws for the early rounds of the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase competitions revealed
- Credit: Archant
The Football Association has revealed the draws for the early round of it’s cup competitions.
Eynesbury Rovers’ major summer signing Craig Smith will line up against his former club in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup next month.
Mark Ducket’s men will entertain Peterborough Northern Star at Hall Road on August 6 – the same date that Huntingdon Town travel to Yaxley in another all-United Counties League Premier Division tie.
Godmanchester Rovers have been drawn against fellow Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outfit Great Yarmouth Town.
The preliminary round draw has thrown up a potential clash of Huntingdonshire sides with Eynesbury hosting Godmanchester if both teams manage to progress to that stage. Huntingdon will host Dereham Town if they can beat Yaxley.
You may also want to watch:
Eynesbury will travel to Yaxley in the opening round of the FA Vase. That first round qualifying clash is on September 10.
Huntingdon enter at the second round qualifying stage and will host Swaffham Town, of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division, on September 24. Eynesbury will entertain Newmarket if they overcome Yaxley.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
St Neots and St Ives both enter the FA Trophy at the first round qualifying stage and have been handed away tests.
St Ives will go to either Carlton Town or Chasetown, while St Neots will travel to either Bedworth United or Rugby Town.
Extra preliminary round (ties to be played August 6): Eynesbury Rovers v Peterborough Northern Star; Godmanchester Rovers v Great Yarmouth Tn, Yaxley v Huntingdon Tn.
Preliminary round (ties to be played August 20): Eynesbury Rovers or Peterborough Northern Star v Godmanchester Rovers or Great Yarmouth Tn; Yaxley or Huntingdon Tn v Dereham Tn.
First round qualifying (ties to be played October 29): Carlton Tn or Chestown v St Ives; Bedworth Utd or Rugby Tn v St Neots.
First round qualifying (tie to be played September 10): Yaxley v Eynesbury Rovers.
Second round qualifying (tie to be played September 24): Huntingdon Tn v Swaffham Tn; Yaxley or Eynesbury Rovers v Newmarket Tn.
* Godmanchester Rovers don’t enter until the first round proper.