Draws for the early rounds of the FA Cup, FA Trophy and FA Vase competitions revealed
- Credit: Archant
The Football Association has revealed the draws for the early round of it’s cup competitions.
Eynesbury Rovers’ major summer signing Craig Smith will line up against his former club in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup next month.
Mark Ducket’s men will entertain Peterborough Northern Star at Hall Road on August 6 – the same date that Huntingdon Town travel to Yaxley in another all-United Counties League Premier Division tie.
Godmanchester Rovers have been drawn against fellow Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division outfit Great Yarmouth Town.
The preliminary round draw has thrown up a potential clash of Huntingdonshire sides with Eynesbury hosting Godmanchester if both teams manage to progress to that stage. Huntingdon will host Dereham Town if they can beat Yaxley.
Eynesbury will travel to Yaxley in the opening round of the FA Vase. That first round qualifying clash is on September 10.
Huntingdon enter at the second round qualifying stage and will host Swaffham Town, of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division, on September 24. Eynesbury will entertain Newmarket if they overcome Yaxley.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 DJ Low Steppa flying in from Ibiza for Cambridgeshire music festival
St Neots and St Ives both enter the FA Trophy at the first round qualifying stage and have been handed away tests.
St Ives will go to either Carlton Town or Chasetown, while St Neots will travel to either Bedworth United or Rugby Town.
Extra preliminary round (ties to be played August 6): Eynesbury Rovers v Peterborough Northern Star; Godmanchester Rovers v Great Yarmouth Tn, Yaxley v Huntingdon Tn.
Preliminary round (ties to be played August 20): Eynesbury Rovers or Peterborough Northern Star v Godmanchester Rovers or Great Yarmouth Tn; Yaxley or Huntingdon Tn v Dereham Tn.
First round qualifying (ties to be played October 29): Carlton Tn or Chestown v St Ives; Bedworth Utd or Rugby Tn v St Neots.
First round qualifying (tie to be played September 10): Yaxley v Eynesbury Rovers.
Second round qualifying (tie to be played September 24): Huntingdon Tn v Swaffham Tn; Yaxley or Eynesbury Rovers v Newmarket Tn.
* Godmanchester Rovers don’t enter until the first round proper.