Double delight for budding Buckden talents as Priory Parkside lay on another super summer spectacle
- Credit: Archant
The summer tournament season continued with another major event in the area last Sunday.
This time the focus of attention was on St Neots where the Priory Parkside club staged their annual six-a-side extravaganza.
Ninety-six from as far afield as Hertfordshire and Lincolnshire did battle in 10 categories across eight age-groups.
It meant almost 800 young players were in action at Priory Park – and there were plenty of local successes.
Two of them were provided by the Buckden club as their Eagles ruled supreme in the Under 8 section and their Vultures triumphed in the Under 9 bracket.
St Ives Rangers Blue also had cause for celebration after winning the Under 13 boys’ event.
There were also girls’ competitions at Under 13 and Under 15 levels with Bourne Town and Hitchin Belles respectively taking the honours.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
All proceeds from the tournament are fed back into Priory Parkside’s provision of grassroots football.
The date for the 2017 tournament will be set during the winter, but teams can already register their interest in taking part.
That can be done by emailing email@example.com
The next big tournament in Huntingdonshire takes place this Sunday when the Hunts FA stage their mini-soccer and girls’ youth festival at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.
There will be non-competitive events for boys in the Under 7, Under 8, Under 9 and Under 10 age groups and a competitive girls’ event at Under 11 level.
And it will have an international flavour with teams playing as nations who are involved in Euro 2016.
TOURNAMENT WINNERS . . .
Under 8: Buckden Eagles
Under 9: Buckden Juniors
Under 10: Chesterton Eagles
Under 11: Feeder Soccer White
Under 12: Feeder Soccer
Under 13: St Ives Rangers Blue
Under 13 Girls: Bourne Town
Under 14: Stilton Colts
Under 15 Girls: Hitchin Belles
* Under 7 age group was non-competitive