Double delight for budding Buckden talents as Priory Parkside lay on another super summer spectacle
- Credit: Archant
The summer tournament season continued with another major event in the area last Sunday.
This time the focus of attention was on St Neots where the Priory Parkside club staged their annual six-a-side extravaganza.
Ninety-six from as far afield as Hertfordshire and Lincolnshire did battle in 10 categories across eight age-groups.
It meant almost 800 young players were in action at Priory Park – and there were plenty of local successes.
Two of them were provided by the Buckden club as their Eagles ruled supreme in the Under 8 section and their Vultures triumphed in the Under 9 bracket.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Rangers Blue also had cause for celebration after winning the Under 13 boys’ event.
There were also girls’ competitions at Under 13 and Under 15 levels with Bourne Town and Hitchin Belles respectively taking the honours.
- 1 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 2 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 7 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
All proceeds from the tournament are fed back into Priory Parkside’s provision of grassroots football.
The date for the 2017 tournament will be set during the winter, but teams can already register their interest in taking part.
That can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The next big tournament in Huntingdonshire takes place this Sunday when the Hunts FA stage their mini-soccer and girls’ youth festival at the St Ivo Outdoor Centre.
There will be non-competitive events for boys in the Under 7, Under 8, Under 9 and Under 10 age groups and a competitive girls’ event at Under 11 level.
And it will have an international flavour with teams playing as nations who are involved in Euro 2016.
TOURNAMENT WINNERS . . .
Under 8: Buckden Eagles
Under 9: Buckden Juniors
Under 10: Chesterton Eagles
Under 11: Feeder Soccer White
Under 12: Feeder Soccer
Under 13: St Ives Rangers Blue
Under 13 Girls: Bourne Town
Under 14: Stilton Colts
Under 15 Girls: Hitchin Belles
* Under 7 age group was non-competitive