Scaffolding company helps grassroots football team to start the season and adjust to ‘new normal’
- Credit: Archant
An under-11s team in Needingworth has received kit and equipment for the new season.
Needingworth Colts says it is operating under COVID-safe guidelines to keep players, parents and coaches safe.
The team received a donation from the St Ives Scaffolding company.
Team manager, Paul Gibbons, said: “Many local businesses have suffered greatly following the impact of COVID-19, so to receive new kits and other equipment that will help the team to run and keep the children healthy, happy and safe during this challenging time is truly fantastic. We are so grateful for the support of St Ives Scaffolding”
Chris Doe, director of St Ives Scaffolding, added “Supporting the local community is our ethos as a company and therefore providing sponsorship such as this to a local team really means an awful lot.
You may also want to watch:
This is especially important following the recent events surrounding us all as a community and during these hard times. It is so important that we all pull together and move forwards.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children