DISABILITY SPORT: St Neots table tennis star scoops two silver medals in Spain
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Dan Bullen captured two silver medals at the same Spanish event.
The 19 year-old disability table tennis star reached the finals of the junior and senior tournaments at the PTT Spanish Open Ciutat del Prat recently.
Bullen was beaten by David Olsson, of Sweden, in the showpiece of the junior event, for players aged under 23.
But he gained a quick slice of revenge with a 3-2 success against the same opponent in the semi-final of the senior competition.
His reward was a final clash against former Paralympic and world champion Tommy Urhaug and Bullen earned plenty of admirers with his performance in a 3-1 loss.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really pleased to get silver and beat David in the semi-final after losing to him in the under 23 competition,” said Bullen.
“I’m happy with the way I played against Tommy in the final and I have lots to work on going forward.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers