Dickerson bags up on small fish to net top spot
Eric Miles Memorial Match THE traditional start to the King of the Rec series, the Eric Miles Memorial match, was fished on the recreation ground on Saturday. Conditions were excellent with a steady flow, a bit of colour and warm weather. The match was wo
Eric Miles Memorial Match
THE traditional start to the King of the Rec series, the Eric Miles Memorial match, was fished on the recreation ground on Saturday.
Conditions were excellent with a steady flow, a bit of colour and warm weather.
The match was won by Mark Dickerson from peg 10 with an all-small-fish catch of 12lb 6oz. Paul Ashcroft was second from peg 12, also a golden peg with 10lb which included a 4lb 11oz tench and Josh Pace was third with 9lb 14oz.
You may also want to watch:
With the fourth and fifth weights also being nearly seven pounds, the venue is fishing well.
RESULT: 1 Mark Dickerson Stanjay MG 12lb 6oz, 2 Paul Ashcroft St Ives 10lb, 3 Josh Pace Browning Hotrods 9lb 14oz, 4 Paul Hendy Stanjay MG 6lb 11oz, 5 Stan Binge Browning Stanjay 6lb 10oz.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
East Midlands Winter League Practice Match
THE Nene at Oundle looked good with a little colour and steady flow but the day proved too clear and sunny for the fish to feed with any confidence.
The winner was Mark One's John Bates with 29lb 4oz ahead of Hotrods trio Tim Nash, Ian Reynolds and Josh Pace.
Both Browning Hotrods and Browning Stanjay go into the match hoping for a minor miracle as they attempt to make up the deficit on league leaders Van Den Eynde and Sensas Mark One White.
RESULT: 1 John Bates Sensas Mark One White 29lb 4oz, 2 Tim Nash Browning Hotrods 12lb 15oz, 3 Ian Reynolds Browning Hotrods 9lb 12oz, 4 Josh Pace Browning Hotrods 9lb 6oz.
THE result of Saturday's sweepstake was a win for Steve Ashwell with son Ricky second and Charlie Pratt third.
RESULT: 1 Steve Ashwell GOT Baits 27lb 14oz, 2 Ricky Ashwell GOT Baits 16lb 8oz, 3 Charlie Pratt St Neots 16lb.
* Members may now fish on pegs 20 to 35 on Saturdays as the numbers are lower for the matches.
St Ives AS
THERE was a bit of colour in the water on Sunday and although the flow was very erratic, Paul Ashcroft managed to find some bream for 20lb 7oz.
Colin Leach was second including a couple of 2lb perch in his 11lb 11oz and Chris Geeson was third.
RESULT: 1 Paul Ashcroft 20lb 7oz, 2 Colin Leach 11lb 11oz, 3 Chris Geeson 7lb 12oz.
BENWICK fished at Ely Beet on Sunday with a win for Terry Tye with 6lb 9oz from Dick Denson and Kevin Gaunt.
RESULT: 1 Terry Tye 6lb 9oz, 2 Dick Denson 5lb 11oz, 3 Kevin Gaunt 3lb 5oz.
East Anglia Winter League Match 1 Benwick
Last week, Benwick was the venue for the first round of the winter league. Bonus fish showed throughout the stretch but the small fish were patchy.
Gordon Bell was the winner, pegged near the wires, with Steve Reid second ahead of three local Wyton anglers, Craig Shaw, Graham Welton and Roy Whincup.
RESULT: 1 Gordon Bell Old Lags 23lb 14oz, 2 Steve Reid Cottesmore 23lb 6oz, 3 Craig Shaw Wyton A 16lb 14oz, 4 Graham Welton Wyton A 15lb 5oz, 5 Roy Whincup Wyton A 13lb 10oz.
BENWICK, where the fishing was pretty patchy was the venue for the Fox Match inter-league match fished on Monday 15.
The top two weights were from Little London well out of the village with Ben Jackson from the East Midlands finishing ahead of local angler Dusty Kiddell.
Teamwise, East Anglia finished just one point ahead of the East Midlands.
RESULT: 1 Ben Jackson East Midlands 23lb 3oz, 2 Dusty Kiddell East Anglia 14lb 13oz, 3 Ian Jones West Mids 14lb, 4 Andy Dickson 12lb 4oz.
TERRY Kelly came out the winner in each of the last two weekends' Saturday Open matches.
October 6: 1 Terry Kelly 12lb 10oz, 2 Pat Magallones 6lb 14oz, 3 Graham Marsh 4lb.
October 13: 1 Terry Kelly 13lb, 2 Steve Webb 5lb 5oz, 3 Graham Marsh 4lb 4oz.
OAP result (Oct 3): 1 John Smith 45lb 8oz, 2 Ray Sladden 39lb 2oz, 3 Dave Farrugia 14lb 1oz.
Magpie Lake - Pidley 1 Pete Huddlestone 69lb, 2 Mark Stoel 21lb, 3 Malcolm Johnson 18lb.
Lawn Farm Open Match - September 30 - Honeysuckle Lake
* Simon Easy 73lb 15oz, 2 Steve Gleeson 60lb 10oz, 3 Ray Frost 55lb 5oz.
Open Match - October 7 - Honeysuckle Lake
* Steve Gleeson 34lb 12oz, 2 John Logan 25lb 12oz, 3 Simon Easey 25lb 10oz.
Golden Rod - October 2 - Willow Lake
* Roger Dickerson Cambridge 142lb 8oz, 2 Mick Burge St Neots 27lb 8oz, 3 George Tebb Bury St Edmunds 21lb 12oz.
Golden Rod - October 9 - Honeysuckle Lake
* George Tebb Bury St Edmunds 71lb, 2 John Pratt Gt Paxton 54lb 10oz, 3 Roger Dickerson Cambridge 28lb 12oz.