Depleted Rovers can’t continue winning run
UCL Division One Peterborough NS 3 Eynesbury Rovers 0 ILLNESS hit Rovers as their two-game winning streak ended with a bump at Northern Star. The visitors were forced into changes when James Dove and Kris Watters were confined to the sick bed, being repl
UCL Division One
Peterborough NS 3 Eynesbury Rovers 0
ILLNESS hit Rovers as their two-game winning streak ended with a bump at Northern Star.
The visitors were forced into changes when James Dove and Kris Watters were confined to the sick bed, being replaced by David Goodhall and Peter Collins.
Player-manager Dean Shipp needed to be alert in goal early on when he pushed one effort over the bar and gathered another shot.
Dan Woodhead cleared a home effort off the line as the pressure mounted but Eynesbury went in level at half-time.
- 1 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
It was a different story after the break, however, when Eddie Patten chipped the hosts into the lead on 54 minutes.
Rovers continued to defend stubbornly and both David Goodhall and Peter Collins went close before the home side made the game safe.
Two minutes from time it was all over when Karl Gibbs put the game out of reach and his brother Gary added the gloss on the victory with a third in injury time.
* Eynesbury welcome Northampton Spencer to Hall Road on Saturday and travel to Langford in the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday.