Dennis Greene: Pleased despite defeat
St Neots Town manager Dennis Greene takes the positives from his side’s 4-1 friendly defeat by MK Dons
WE always knew it was going to be hard work and that we were going to concede possession.
But what was important is that we showed them what we can do once we had the ball – and I thought we did that. When we had the ball, we used it really well.
What we’ve shown is that we can create chances – I counted at least six good opportunities – against a very good side.
Normally, when you play sides a lot higher up, you don’t get too many chances, but we opened them up on numerous occasions.
And, although, we didn’t take our chances, I thought the game was competitive.
Considering we only went into the game with a squad of 16, what with some players still away on holiday, I also thought we did really well in the latter stages.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
It was a hot day, I brought three 16-year-olds on after half time and we had to chase the game against a League One outfit.
Obviously they were the far superior side and dominated the game, but we still did well.