Deller enjoys double delight
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Bowling Federation held their grand finals day at Warboys Bowls Club earlier this month. A large crowd of spectators gathered to watch the 21 finals matches – the deciding matches after more than 600 games had been played in the build up t
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Bowling Federation held their grand finals day at Warboys Bowls Club earlier this month.
A large crowd of spectators gathered to watch the 21 finals matches - the deciding matches after more than 600 games had been played in the build up to the finals.
Barry Deller, of Hemingford Bowls Club, was the most successful bowler on the day, reaching a total of four finals and winning two.
There was revenge aplenty in the under 25s category where both the male and female finals were exact reverse results of those last year. Lewis Baker, of Papworth, beat James Price, of Buckden, while Needingworth's Katy Webb took revenge on Charlotte Bessey, of Hemingford.
You may also want to watch:
Sawtry dominated the men's three bowl rink with Mick Rayson, Derek Deller and Tony King facing Kevin Bowers, James Bowers and Brian Garrett. The match was forced into an extra end and with the tension mounting it was the Bowers/Garrett rink that took the win.
English Bowling Federation National President, Peter Mason, together with County Presidents Phyllis Hayter and Derek Rose, made the presentations at the conclusion of the matches which had provided some excellent bowling.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford