Delaney returns to St Neots Town as chairman
JOHN Delaney has rejoined St Neots Town Football Club as chairman. Delaney and first team manager Steve Lomas resigned on Thursday. The chairman claimed his position had become untenable as his integrity was being questioned . Lomas quit the club shortly
JOHN Delaney has rejoined St Neots Town Football Club as chairman.
Delaney and first team manager Steve Lomas resigned on Thursday. The chairman claimed his position had become untenable as his "integrity was being questioned".
Lomas quit the club shortly after.
However, events were turned on their head on Monday (January 11) when Delaney told The Hunts Post that an understanding had been reached and he was back at the club.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known if Lomas will follow Delaney back to Rowley Park, but further news is expected from St Neots tomorrow (Tuesday).
Delaney said he had been touched by the many messages of support he had received since his resignation and promised that a clear-the-air public meeting would be held to help the club move forward.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'