Defensive slip costs Godmanchester Rovers again
Cornard United 1-0 Godmanchester Rovers GODMANCHESTER Rovers failed to ignite their Ridgeons First Division campaign at Sudbury on Saturday as high-flying opponents Cornard United snatched a 1-0 win. Manager Karl Hurst has seen his side play some attracti
Cornard United 1-0 Godmanchester Rovers
GODMANCHESTER Rovers failed to ignite their Ridgeons First Division campaign at Sudbury on Saturday as high-flying opponents Cornard United snatched a 1-0 win.
Manager Karl Hurst has seen his side play some attractive football in cup competitions this season, but the team's league form of one win in five is causing concern.
Rovers' defence has been solid, but the strikeforce has been delivered only four goals in the five games.
You may also want to watch:
Hurst said: "We had enough of the play to take a point but a defensive slip cost us a goal. We have two away games this week which hasn't made things easy.
We have a number of injuries, although I am confident that the results will turn round in the league."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Against Cornard, there was little between the teams in the first half.
Paul Bass went close when one-on-one with the keeper, sliding his shot into the side-netting.
The second half was only five minutes old when a defensive slip led to the game's only goal. Rob Stamper dallied, allowing a Cornard forward the chance to slip in and score.
Bass and Stephen Hurst had chances to equalise but the home keeper saved well to keep Cornard's lead intact.
Rovers travel to Ipswich Wanderers on Saturday.