Defeats all round for Huntingdonshire’s three leading teams
- Credit: Archant
St Ives edged closer to survival and pushed local rivals St Neots nearer to relegation yesterday.
The two Huntingdonshire teams are scrapping to avoid the drop in Midlands Division Thee East (South).
Second-bottom St Ives picked up a bonus point in a 17-12 home loss at the hands of Dunstablians which provided some consolation after conceding a decisive late try while down to 14 men.
They also moved six points clear of St Neots who were thumped 49-19 by Daventry at The Common.
Huntingdon were pipped by a point in a high-scoring Midlands Division One East clash.
You may also want to watch:
Damien Whales’ men went down 35-34 at Newark.
More in the Hunts Post.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol