CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE CRICKET: Huntingdon & District continue their winning streak while Kumpukkal stars in St Ives triumph
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon & District continued their Cambs & Hunts Premier League transformation on Saturday.
The local side lost their opening four matches of the Whiting & Partners Division Two season, but have responded by reeling off four successive victories.
Samir Ali Khan claimed 3-29 and opener Faisal Javed hit 59 in a five-wicket triumph against Castor & Ailsworth.
Skipper Navid Ahmed and overseas ace Graham Hudson also bagged a couple of wickets apiece as Huntingdon & District removed their visitors for just 125 after being asked to bowl.
Andy Wright (24) and Hudson (20no) also made important contributions with the bat as they eased past a modest target.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Kumpukkal was the main man with bat and ball as St Ives beat Southill Park by 72 runs at that level.
Kumpukkal top-scored with 38 as the locals put 159 on the board and that proved to be more than adequate as he swooped for 4-13 as the visitors were skittled for just 82.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Fifteen year-old pace prospect Matt Wells also impressed when taking 3-7 after being St Ives’ second-highest run-scorer with 21.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT beat CASTOR & AILSWORTH by 5 wkts
Castor & Ailsworth 125 (S. Khan 3-29).
Huntingdon & District 129-5 (F. Javed 59).
ST IVES beat SOUTHILL PARK by 77 runs
St Ives 159 (N. Kumpukkal 38).
Southill Park 82 (N. Kumpukkal 4-13, M. Wells 3-7).