Debut youngsters do relay well
HUNTINGDONSHIRE AC made their first foray into national youth cross country relay championships at Mansfield, and the inexperienced youngsters did the club proud. Hunts AC s team performance of the day came from the Under 17 Women s trio, who finished in
HUNTINGDONSHIRE AC made their first foray into national youth cross country relay championships at Mansfield, and the inexperienced youngsters did the club proud.
Hunts AC's team performance of the day came from the Under 17 Women's trio, who finished in the top 20, a highly respectable performance. Alex Marshall led the team into 27th place after the first leg. Helen West then pulled back three runners, with Emma Butcher passing six competitors to finish in 18th position.
The best individual performance of the day was from 12-year-old James Downing, who ran first leg for the Under 13 Boys' team. James kept his cool as the rest of the pack raced off at the start, getting into his stride through the woods, and finishing strongly in second place along the final straight.
Under 13 Boys 3 x 2km: 59: James Downing 7:00.35, Harry Whybrow 9:55.1, Caleb Sirot-Smith 8:54.1, total 25:49.55.
Under 13 Girls 3 x 2km: 49: Faye McLellan 8:26.4, Rebecca Pedley 8:58.9, Sophia Rolt 9:06.75, total 26:32.05.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
Under 15 Girls 3 x 2km: Bethany Bainbridge 8:54.5, Amie Schneider 9:15.05
Under 17 Women 3 x 2.5km: 18: Alex Marshall 9:52.1, Helen West 10:13.85, Emma Butcher 10:20.25, total 30:26.2.