Debut youngsters do relay well
HUNTINGDONSHIRE AC made their first foray into national youth cross country relay championships at Mansfield, and the inexperienced youngsters did the club proud. Hunts AC s team performance of the day came from the Under 17 Women s trio, who finished in
HUNTINGDONSHIRE AC made their first foray into national youth cross country relay championships at Mansfield, and the inexperienced youngsters did the club proud.
Hunts AC's team performance of the day came from the Under 17 Women's trio, who finished in the top 20, a highly respectable performance. Alex Marshall led the team into 27th place after the first leg. Helen West then pulled back three runners, with Emma Butcher passing six competitors to finish in 18th position.
The best individual performance of the day was from 12-year-old James Downing, who ran first leg for the Under 13 Boys' team. James kept his cool as the rest of the pack raced off at the start, getting into his stride through the woods, and finishing strongly in second place along the final straight.
Under 13 Boys 3 x 2km: 59: James Downing 7:00.35, Harry Whybrow 9:55.1, Caleb Sirot-Smith 8:54.1, total 25:49.55.
Under 13 Girls 3 x 2km: 49: Faye McLellan 8:26.4, Rebecca Pedley 8:58.9, Sophia Rolt 9:06.75, total 26:32.05.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Under 15 Girls 3 x 2km: Bethany Bainbridge 8:54.5, Amie Schneider 9:15.05
Under 17 Women 3 x 2.5km: 18: Alex Marshall 9:52.1, Helen West 10:13.85, Emma Butcher 10:20.25, total 30:26.2.