Darlow’s solid start sees Hilton prevail
Hunts League Division Five Hilton beat Sawtry II by 16 runs CAPTAIN Mark Darlow opened the batting for Hilton, putting on 27 to get their innings going. The Sawtry bowlers gave little away, however, with C Stubbington s 19 not out proving to be the next
Hunts League Division Five
Hilton beat Sawtry II by 16 runs
CAPTAIN Mark Darlow opened the batting for Hilton, putting on 27 to get their innings going.
The Sawtry bowlers gave little away, however, with C Stubbington's 19 not out proving to be the next highest contribution from a Hilton batsman.
You may also want to watch:
Hilton were all out for 123, with P Burcham's figures of two for three off two overs with one maiden being the highlight of Sawtry's bowling attack.
With a modest total to chase, Sawtry made a slow start, with Burcham's wicket falling for six and S Nickerson's for five.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Ian Bonsall put in a good stand to make 30 batting at three, whilst Chris Sansby put on 22, but Tuddy Frost claimed both wickets to halt Sawtry's momentum.
Frost went on post figures of four for fifteen off seven overs as Sawtry were all out for 107.