PARA TABLE TENNIS: Bronze for Bullen in Spain
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Daniel Bullen produced a medal-winning performance at the Spanish Open.
Bullen, 21, earned bronze in the Men’s Class 5 event in Almeria after going down 3-0 to Swedish teenager David Olsson at the semi-final stage.
Bullen was beaten 3-0 by Gerardus Van Grunsven (Holland) in his opening group match but recovered to beat Colombian rival Hector Castaneda Ossa 3-1 to reach the knockout stages.
Bullen then saw off another Dutchamn, Sam Roelofs, 3-1 in the quarter-finals before bowing out at the hands of Olsson.
“I’m pleased to win a medal, but I’m also disappointed with the loss in the semi-final as I have beaten David before,” said Bullen.
“He has obviously worked hard and studied my game as he changed his tactics and played well.
“This has made me even more determined to work hard on my game and look at my opponents’ weaknesses so I will be much stronger when I play them again.”
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
Bullen was part of a nine-man British team for the Spanish Open.