PARA TABLE TENNIS: Bronze for Bullen in Spain
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Daniel Bullen produced a medal-winning performance at the Spanish Open.
Bullen, 21, earned bronze in the Men’s Class 5 event in Almeria after going down 3-0 to Swedish teenager David Olsson at the semi-final stage.
Bullen was beaten 3-0 by Gerardus Van Grunsven (Holland) in his opening group match but recovered to beat Colombian rival Hector Castaneda Ossa 3-1 to reach the knockout stages.
Bullen then saw off another Dutchamn, Sam Roelofs, 3-1 in the quarter-finals before bowing out at the hands of Olsson.
“I’m pleased to win a medal, but I’m also disappointed with the loss in the semi-final as I have beaten David before,” said Bullen.
“He has obviously worked hard and studied my game as he changed his tactics and played well.
“This has made me even more determined to work hard on my game and look at my opponents’ weaknesses so I will be much stronger when I play them again.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
Bullen was part of a nine-man British team for the Spanish Open.