PARA TABLE TENNIS: Bronze for Bullen in Spain
- Credit: Archant
St Neots star Daniel Bullen produced a medal-winning performance at the Spanish Open.
Bullen, 21, earned bronze in the Men’s Class 5 event in Almeria after going down 3-0 to Swedish teenager David Olsson at the semi-final stage.
Bullen was beaten 3-0 by Gerardus Van Grunsven (Holland) in his opening group match but recovered to beat Colombian rival Hector Castaneda Ossa 3-1 to reach the knockout stages.
Bullen then saw off another Dutchamn, Sam Roelofs, 3-1 in the quarter-finals before bowing out at the hands of Olsson.
“I’m pleased to win a medal, but I’m also disappointed with the loss in the semi-final as I have beaten David before,” said Bullen.
You may also want to watch:
“He has obviously worked hard and studied my game as he changed his tactics and played well.
“This has made me even more determined to work hard on my game and look at my opponents’ weaknesses so I will be much stronger when I play them again.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Bullen was part of a nine-man British team for the Spanish Open.