Dan’s delight as he receives England coaching invitation
CRICKET-MAD Daniel Oldham is celebrating after being invited back for coaching with Aussie superstar Shane Warne s bowling mentor. Daniel, 19, was selected by the England and Wales Cricket Board six years ago to train with Terry Jenner and has been invite
CRICKET-MAD Daniel Oldham is celebrating after being invited back for coaching with Aussie superstar Shane Warne's bowling mentor.
Daniel, 19, was selected by the England and Wales Cricket Board six years ago to train with Terry Jenner and has been invited back every year since.
Daniel, who hails from Folksworth but plays cricket for Godmanchester, said: "I'm really looking forward to attending again this year. It is a great opportunity to work with the best and get noticed."
About 100 young players aged between 12 and 21 attend the summer camp each year to be taught the art of leg spin bowling by the former Cambridgeshire bowler who also played internationally for Australia.
Warne is the highest ever wicket taker in test matches with over 650 scalps and Daniel dreams of following in his footsteps by playing for his country.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman