Dan’s delight as he receives England coaching invitation
CRICKET-MAD Daniel Oldham is celebrating after being invited back for coaching with Aussie superstar Shane Warne s bowling mentor. Daniel, 19, was selected by the England and Wales Cricket Board six years ago to train with Terry Jenner and has been invite
CRICKET-MAD Daniel Oldham is celebrating after being invited back for coaching with Aussie superstar Shane Warne's bowling mentor.
Daniel, 19, was selected by the England and Wales Cricket Board six years ago to train with Terry Jenner and has been invited back every year since.
Daniel, who hails from Folksworth but plays cricket for Godmanchester, said: "I'm really looking forward to attending again this year. It is a great opportunity to work with the best and get noticed."
About 100 young players aged between 12 and 21 attend the summer camp each year to be taught the art of leg spin bowling by the former Cambridgeshire bowler who also played internationally for Australia.
You may also want to watch:
Warne is the highest ever wicket taker in test matches with over 650 scalps and Daniel dreams of following in his footsteps by playing for his country.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment