CYLOCROSS: Podium glory for the girls as St Ives Cycling Club enjoy more success
- Credit: Archant
Four podium finishes at two events represented another successful weekend for St Ives Cycling Club’s stable of cyclocross talent.
Cecilia Hime sampled more Central Region League glory when being victorious in the Junior Female category in the 13th round of the series.
She had to overcome plenty of challenges in rainy conditions at a tough Berkhamsted track which included heavy mud, the remnants of snow, a sand pit and a man-made bridge.
Beatrice Pauley took second place at Under 14 Girls level while younger brother Dominic Pauley finished fourth in the Under 12 Boys section.
Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) both recorded second places in the 13th round of the Eastern Region League at Kentford, in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Ruby O’Dell (fourth, Under 10 Girls), Ralf Falkner (seventh, Under 14 Boys), Andy Fountain (eighth, Veteran 40-49 Male) and Nathan Gibson (eighth, Junior Male) also enjoyed top-10 finishes as they braved freezing conditions.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester