CYCLOCROSS: Two successes in two days for two St Ives Cycling Club stars
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Clycing Club talents enjoyed success on consecutive days last weekend.
Cecilia Hime (Junior Female) and Beatrice Pauley (Under 14 Girls) both triumphed at the 11th round of the Central League in Kettering last Saturday. It was a sixth win in the series for Hime from seven appearances!
Both riders then climbed onto the podium 24 hours later at the joint Eastern and South Eastern Regional Championships in Welwyn Garden City.
Pauley earned silver thanks to finishing in second spot in her age group at the Stanborough Park venue, while Hime bagged bronze.
St Ives members achieved seven top-10 finishes in all at that event. The others were provided by Sapphire Curtis (seventh, Under 14 Girls), Orla Kenna (ninth, Under 12 Girls), Dominic Pauley (10th, Under 12 Boys), Ralf Falkner (10th, Under 14 Boys) and Samuel Smith (10th, Under 10 Boys).
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Ibbett, Nathan Gibson, Andy Fountain, Nick Smith and Mick Curtis also took part.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service