CYCLOCROSS: Three podium finishes as St Ives Cycling Club riders tackle three different events
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club riders were out in force last weekend at three different league events.
There were two podium finishes for young riders at the second round of the Eastern League in Essex.
Orla Kenna finished second in the Under 12 Girls race at the Push Sports MSG Cross venue and Sapphire Curtis recorded a second successive third place in the Under 14 Girls section.
Andy Fountain just missed out on a podium place of his own when taking fourth spot out of 53 riders in the 50+ Veteran bracket. Samuel Smith (Under 10 Boys) and Ralf Falkner (Under 14 Youth Boys) both finished in 15th place.
Beatrice Pauley bagged another podium finish for St Ives in the third round of the West Midlands League at Henley-in-Arden.
You may also want to watch:
She rode well on a technical course to grab third place in the Under 14 Girls section, while younger brother Dominic finished 19th at Under 12 Boys level.
Nick Smith was 15th in the 40+ Veteran standings at the first Leicestershire League event in Corby.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k