CYCLOCROSS: Success for St Ives star Orla as clubmates overcome punctures to climb onto the podium
- Credit: Archant
Orla Kenna produced a hot performance on a frosty morning to sample success in the 10th round of the Eastern Region League.
St Ives Cycling Club talent Kenna powered round the Amis Velo Hilly Fields Supacross circuit in Colchester to triumph in the Under 12 Girls category. Clubmate Nathan Gibson finished eighth in the Junior Male section at the same event.
A host of other St Ives riders took part in the ninth round of the Central Region League at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire.
And not even mid-race punctures could prevent Beatrice Pauley (Under 14 Girls) and Cecilia Hime (Junior Female) from claiming podium finishes with super second places.
Dominic Pauley just missed out on the podium when fourth in the Under 12 Boys bracket and Ralf Falkner took fifth place at Under 14 Boys level.
You may also want to watch:
Max Falkner was 10th in the Under 16 Boys section and Josh Ibbett occupied the same position at senior level. Tim Phillips (39th) and Leo Falkner (44th) raced in the Veteran Male 40-49 event.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'