CYCLOCROSS: St Ives trio race in National Trophy curtain-raiser while clubmate Sam is hot to ‘Trot’ in Lincolnshire League triumph
- Credit: Archant
Three St Ives Cycling Club prospects have graced the national stage.
Beatrice Pauley (8th in the Under 14 Girls), Sapphire Curtis (13th in Under 14 Girls) and Cecilia Hime (15th in Junior Female, despite a crash on the third lap) all took part in the HSBC UK Cyclocross National Trophy opener at Derby. It was the first of six rounds in the series.
There was success for St Ives riders elsewhere during another excellent weekend for the club.
Sam Trotter triumphed in the Under 16 Boys category at the third round of the Lincolnshire League. He finished almost four minutes ahead of his closest rival t South Ormsby.
The O’Dell sisters - Ruby (second in Under 10 Girls) and Lilly (second in Under 16 Girls) both climbed onto the podium at the fifth round of the Eastern Region League.
Orla Kenna made it a hat-trick of runners-up finishes at Ashwell in the Under 12 Girls section.
Ralf Falkner only just missed out on another medal when taking fourth place in the Under 14 Boys contest. Nathan Gibson (8th) and Nick Hall (9th) both claimed top-10 finishes at Junior Male level.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Sarah Kelmen also took eighth spot in the Women’s race and Andy Fountain was ninth in the 50+ Veteran event.
Dominic Pauley took sixth place in the Under 12 Boys bracket at the third round of the Central Region League in Leighton Buzzard.
St Ives clubmate Josh Ibbett was 12th in the Senior Male class there, with Tim Phillips finishing 47th in the 40+ Male category.