CYCLOCROSS: St Ives stars shine on home turf in latest Eastern Region round
- Credit: Archant
There were two home victories and host of medal successes as St Ives Cycling Club staged the 10th round of the Eastern Region Cyclocross League last Sunday.
A challenging course, including two beach sections, laid in wait for the riders at Grafham Water, but it held no fears for Cecilia Hime, who led home a St Ives one-two in the Junior Girls category.
Hime had clubmate Holly Hoy in hot pursuit in that section and the host club also dominated in the Under 8 Girls class when Ruby O’Dell roared to victory with Cora Wood taking second place.
Other medal-winning performances came from Orla Kenna, who finished second in the Under 10 Girls race; Liam Conway, who bagged bronze for third place in the Under 10 Boys section and Beatrice Pauley (third at Under 14 Girls level).
Other St Ives CC finishers: Sapphire Curtis (4th, Under 14 Girls); Anastasia Magnano (5th, Junior Girls); Angus Lawrence (7th, Under 14 Boys); Nathan Gibson 10th, Under 16 Boys); Katie Cox (10th, Under 10 Girls); Nick Hall (13th, Junior Men); Dominic Pauley (18th, Under 12 Boys); Ben Hall (19th, Under 16 Boys); Jacob Wood (25th, Under 12 Boys).
You may also want to watch:
Lilly Gibson (Under 12 Girls) and Sam Harding (Under 16 Girls) were unable to finish.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester