CYCLOCROSS: St Ives riders negotiate sleet and slime to secure fine finishes
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club members battled against the elements to earn podium finishes in the ninth round of the Eastern Region League.
The local talents were greeted by bitterly cold conditions and sleet at Hempton, in Norfolk, last Sunday.
But Andy Fountain (second, 50+ Veteran Male), Orla Kenna (second, Under 12 Girls) and Ruby O’Dell (third, Under 10 Girls) all excelled.
Five further podium finishes were achieved in the opening round of the North Cambs Muddy Monsters League at King’s Lynn.
Emmie Cox (Under 8 Girls), Ralph Bicknell (Under 10 Boys) and Cora Wood (Under 10 Girls) all finished as runners-up, with Katie Cox (Under 10 Girls) and Jacob Wood (Under 12 Boys) bagging third places.
Beatrice Pauley and Sapphire Curtis ploughed through the Shrewsbury mud in the third round of the National Trophy.
They finished 15th and 18th respectively in the Under 14 Girls category after negotiating a boggy course which was barely raceable.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse