CYCLOCROSS: Podium successes for Pauley siblings as St Ives racers impress
- Credit: Archant
Talented racer Beatrice Pauley collected two podium finishes in as many days.
The St Ives Cycling Club member was the second Under 14 Girls competitor in the eighth round of the Eastern Region League at Bury St Edmunds last Saturday.
And she followed up that fine ride with another runner-up finish 24 hours later when taking part in the seventh Central League event at Shuttleworth College in Bedfordshire.
It was also a memorable weekend for Pauley’s younger brother, Dominic, who claimed his first podium finish of the season with third place in the Under 12 Boys category of the Central League fixture.
A total of 16 riders from St Ives Cycling Club took part in the latest Eastern League round.
You may also want to watch:
Cecilia Hime continued her fine run of form with second place at Junior Female level, while Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) only just missed out on podium places of their own when finishing fourth in their respective age groups.
Ralf Falkner (seventh, Under 14 Boys), Dominic Pauley (seventh, Under 12 Boys), Andy Fountain (seventh, Veteran 50+ Male), Joshua Ibbett (10th, Senior Male) and Nathan Gibson (10th, Junior Male) also achieved top-10 placings.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Other results: Max Falkner (14th, Under 16 Boys), Angus Lawrence (18th, Under 16 Boys), Ollie Maynard (20th, Under 16 Boys), Nick Smith (35th, Veteran Male), Mick Curtis (55th, Veteran 50+ Male).
Leo Falkner and Tim Phillips both retired with mechanical issues in muddy conditions.