CYCLOCROSS: Podium successes for Pauley siblings as St Ives racers impress
- Credit: Archant
Talented racer Beatrice Pauley collected two podium finishes in as many days.
The St Ives Cycling Club member was the second Under 14 Girls competitor in the eighth round of the Eastern Region League at Bury St Edmunds last Saturday.
And she followed up that fine ride with another runner-up finish 24 hours later when taking part in the seventh Central League event at Shuttleworth College in Bedfordshire.
It was also a memorable weekend for Pauley’s younger brother, Dominic, who claimed his first podium finish of the season with third place in the Under 12 Boys category of the Central League fixture.
A total of 16 riders from St Ives Cycling Club took part in the latest Eastern League round.
Cecilia Hime continued her fine run of form with second place at Junior Female level, while Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) only just missed out on podium places of their own when finishing fourth in their respective age groups.
Ralf Falkner (seventh, Under 14 Boys), Dominic Pauley (seventh, Under 12 Boys), Andy Fountain (seventh, Veteran 50+ Male), Joshua Ibbett (10th, Senior Male) and Nathan Gibson (10th, Junior Male) also achieved top-10 placings.
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 8 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
Other results: Max Falkner (14th, Under 16 Boys), Angus Lawrence (18th, Under 16 Boys), Ollie Maynard (20th, Under 16 Boys), Nick Smith (35th, Veteran Male), Mick Curtis (55th, Veteran 50+ Male).
Leo Falkner and Tim Phillips both retired with mechanical issues in muddy conditions.