CYCLOCROSS: Podium places galore for the St Ives pedallers
- Credit: Archant
There was a clean sweep of podium finishes for the five St Ives CC ‘Go Ride’ members in action at the latest round of the Eastern Region League.
The select group claimed two victories, two runners-up finishes and a third spot between them at Ipswich last Sunday.
Holly Hoy took first place in the Junior Women’s race while Sapphire Curtis sampled glory in the Under 14 Girls bracket.
Nathan Gibson (Under 16 Youth) and Orla Kenna (Under 10 Girls) both took second places while Ruby O’Dell bagged a bronze medal in the Under 8 Girls race.
Fellow St Ives racers, Beatrice Pauley and Cecilia Hime, took part in the final round of the National Trophy – and both achieved 12th placed finishes in the Under 14 Girls and Junior Women’s races respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a fine performance from a St Ives rider in the first round of the Muddy Monsters League last Saturday.
Cora Wood finished second in the Under 8 race at Ashwell, in Hertfordshire. Wood’s brother, Jacob, and Ralph Bicknell both raced in the Under 10 event.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k