CYCLOCROSS: Podium places galore for the St Ives pedallers
- Credit: Archant
There was a clean sweep of podium finishes for the five St Ives CC ‘Go Ride’ members in action at the latest round of the Eastern Region League.
The select group claimed two victories, two runners-up finishes and a third spot between them at Ipswich last Sunday.
Holly Hoy took first place in the Junior Women’s race while Sapphire Curtis sampled glory in the Under 14 Girls bracket.
Nathan Gibson (Under 16 Youth) and Orla Kenna (Under 10 Girls) both took second places while Ruby O’Dell bagged a bronze medal in the Under 8 Girls race.
Fellow St Ives racers, Beatrice Pauley and Cecilia Hime, took part in the final round of the National Trophy – and both achieved 12th placed finishes in the Under 14 Girls and Junior Women’s races respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a fine performance from a St Ives rider in the first round of the Muddy Monsters League last Saturday.
Cora Wood finished second in the Under 8 race at Ashwell, in Hertfordshire. Wood’s brother, Jacob, and Ralph Bicknell both raced in the Under 10 event.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.