CYCLOCROSS: Podium finishes as St Ives Cycling Club youngsters secure three second places
- Credit: Archant
Young St Ives Cycling Club talents collected three podium finishes during another busy weekend of racing.
Cecilia Hime (Junior Women) and Beatrice Pauley (Under 14 Girls) both recorded super second-placed finishes at the second round of the Central League in Milton Keynes.
And Orla Kenna continued a fine run of form when runner-up in the Under 12 Girls category at the fourth round of the Eastern League in Colchester.
They weren’t the only St Ives riders to impress either. Ralf Falkner took a pleasing fifth spot in the Under 14 Boys section of the Central League event, while Dominic Pauley was ninth at Under 12 Boys level.
There was another fifth place in the Eastern League contest courtesy of Ruby O’Dell in the Under 10 Girls section and Nathan Gibson was seventh in the Junior Men bracket at the same event.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Fountain finished 11th in the Veteran 50+ standings.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity