CYCLOCROSS: Pair of podium finishes for St Ives girls in Eastern Region League opener
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Cycling youngsters climbed onto the podium at the first round of the Eastern Region League.
Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) enjoyed fine starts to the season as they third places in their age groups at the Springfield Cross course in Chelmsford.
A host of other St Ives riders were also in action at the Essex venue.
Other results: Ruby O’Dell (5th, Under 10 Girls), Lilly O’Dell (6th, Under 16 Girls), Nathan Gibson (8th, Junior Boys), Samuel Smith (11th, Under 10 Boys), Andy Fountain 15th (50+ Veteran Male), Ralf Falkner (18th, Under 14 Boys), Max Falkner (27th, Under 16 Boys), Nick Smith (52nd, 40+ Veteran Male), Leo Falkner (54th, 40+ Veteran Male).
Beatrice Pauley took fifth place in the Under 14 Girls category at the second round of the West Midlands League.
You may also want to watch:
Younger brother, Dominic, was 20th in the Under 12 Boys section at Erdington, in Birmingham.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 7 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 8 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 9 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal