CYCLOCROSS: Pair of podium finishes for St Ives girls in Eastern Region League opener
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Cycling youngsters climbed onto the podium at the first round of the Eastern Region League.
Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) enjoyed fine starts to the season as they third places in their age groups at the Springfield Cross course in Chelmsford.
A host of other St Ives riders were also in action at the Essex venue.
Other results: Ruby O’Dell (5th, Under 10 Girls), Lilly O’Dell (6th, Under 16 Girls), Nathan Gibson (8th, Junior Boys), Samuel Smith (11th, Under 10 Boys), Andy Fountain 15th (50+ Veteran Male), Ralf Falkner (18th, Under 14 Boys), Max Falkner (27th, Under 16 Boys), Nick Smith (52nd, 40+ Veteran Male), Leo Falkner (54th, 40+ Veteran Male).
Beatrice Pauley took fifth place in the Under 14 Girls category at the second round of the West Midlands League.
You may also want to watch:
Younger brother, Dominic, was 20th in the Under 12 Boys section at Erdington, in Birmingham.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home