CYCLOCROSS: New year begins with same old success for young St Ives stars
- Credit: Archant
The new year started just as the old one ended for St Ives Cycling Club – thanks to a wave of podium success.
The club’s junior talents were out in force at the 14th round of the Eastern League on New Year’s Day.
There was victory for Orla Kenna in the Under 12 Girls category at Trinity Park in Ipswich, while Cecilia Hime took second spot at Junior Female level
Ruby O’Dell (Under 10 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Under 14 Girls) both earned bronze medals for finishing third in their respective sections.
Andy Fountain also managed a top-10 finish when seventh at Veteran Male 50-59 level.
You may also want to watch:
Beatrice Pauley ended 2017 on a high on New Year’s Eve. She claimed second place at Under 14 Girls level in the fifth round of the Leicestershire League.
Younger brother Dominic Pauley was 10th in the Under 12 Boys section at the event in Coalville.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?