CYCLOCROSS: National Championships outing for St Ives riders
- Credit: Archant
Three St Ives Cycling Club members competed in the National Cyclocross Championships last Saturday.
Cecilia Hime was the pick of the local bunch at Hetton Lyons Country Park, near Durham, when finishing 13th in the Junior Female category.
Beatrice Pauley overcame a crash, which sent her tumbling over her handlebars, to finish 20th in the Under 14 Girls section.
Pauley hit the deck on the opening lap after getting into difficulty on a steep descent. She bravely battled on despite an ankle injury, which forced her to pull out of the Cambridgeshire Schools’ Cross-Country Championships the following day.
Pauley’s clubmate Sapphire Curtis finished 30th in the Under 14 Girls category.
You may also want to watch:
There was more success for St Ives in the third round of the King’s Lynn MTB Winter Series.
Nathan Gibson took second place in the Junior Male category at Brandon.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon