CYCLOCROSS: More Central League success for Cecilia Hime while Pauley siblings impress in West Midlands League
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club star Cecilia Hime collected a second Central League triumph of the season last Sunday.
Hime powered to Junior Women victory in the fourth round of the series at Hemel Hempstead, beating her closest challenger by more than half-a-minute.
The latest success continued a fine run of form for a rider who also won the opening round at Welwyn Garden City last month.
Other St Ives riders in action at the event were Liam Conway (eighth in the Under 12 Boys race) and Joshua Ibbett (20th at Senior Male level).
Beatrice Pauley recorded her best West Midlands League result to date.
You may also want to watch:
She finished second in the Under 14 Girls contest at Baggeridge County Park in Dudley – the sixth round of the competitive series.
Pauley’s younger brother, Dominic, also achieved his highest finish in the West Midlands League when taking 14th place in the Under 12 Boys bracket.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation