CYCLOCROSS: Liam leads the way with Snetterton success as other St Ives ‘Go Ride’ racers scoop overall accolades
- Credit: Archant
The Eastern Region League ended on a high for a host of St Ives ‘Go Ride’ racers last Sunday.
Liam Conway roared to glory in the Under 10 Boys category at Snetterton in Norfolk while clubmate Orla Kenna was the first Under 10 Girls finisher.
Beatrice Pauley also looked on course for Under 14 Girls glory, but she had to settle for second after a crash on the third lap.
Sapphire Curtis took fourth in that category.
Other good finishes came from Cecilia Hime (3rd in Junior Womens), Nathan Gibson (7th in Under 16 Boys) and Dominic Pauley (8th in Under 12 Boys).
You may also want to watch:
O’Dell, Kenna and Holly Hoy - a former St Ives star now with the OnForm racing team - all took second spot overall in their respective categories while Sapphie Curtis was third. The St Ives ‘Go Ride’ squad finished fifth in the team standings out of 41 participating clubs.
There were smart showings in the latest Central League round at Milton Keynes Bowl last Saturday.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
Hime continued her winning streak at Junior Women level, Conway took fourth in the Under 10 Boys section and Dominic Pauley was sixth at Under 12 Boys level.
Ralf Falkner triumphed for the second successive Muddy Monsters League round.
He ruled supreme in the Under 12 Boys bracket at Ashwell while elder brother, Max, took second spot in the Under 14 Boys category. Ralph Bicknell was third in the Under 8 Boys race.