CYCLOCROSS: High five for Cecilia as St Ives Cycling Club star triumphs again
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club star Cecilia Hime continued her Central League domination – with a fifth Junior Female success in six appearances in the series.
Hime was in fine form in the 10th round staged at the Milton Keynes Bowl circuit last Saturday. She was the fastest female rider on show in any category, while Dominic Pauley (fourth in Under 12 Boys) and Josh Ibbett (eighth in Senior Male) also impressed.
Hime then finished 12th in the fourth round of the National Trophy at Gravesend the following day. Clubmate Beatrice Pauley was 13th in the Under 14 Girls bracket and Nathan Gibson finished 44th in the Junior Male race.
There were three podium successes for three St Ives riders at the 11th round of the Eastern League.
Orla Kenna finished second in the Under 12 Girls category. Ruby O’Dell (Under 10 Girls) and Ralf Falkner (Under 14 Boys) both took third places.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Gibson was fourth in the Junior Male section and Max Falkner finished ninth in the Under 16 Boys bracket.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home