CYCLOCROSS: Five-star showing from St Ives Cycling Club as they collect podium finishes when hosting latest Eastern Region League race
- Credit: Archant
Five home riders collected podium finishes as St Ives Cycling Club staged the seventh round of the Eastern Region League last Sunday.
Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Cecilia Hime (Junior Female) both tasted victory on the Grafham Water course. Hime was the fastest female on show in any age group.
Ralf Falkner achieved his best position of the season when finished second in the Under 14 Boys bracket, while Emmie Cox matched that effort when runner-up at Under 8 Girls level. Beatrice Pauley also claimed a medal when third in the Under 14 Girls contest with Sapphire Curtis one place behind her clubmate in fourth.
A total of 27 St Ives Cycling Club members took part in their home event and plenty of other managed top-10 finishes.
Ruby O’Dell was fourth and Katie Cox sixth in the Under 10 Girls bracket, Logan Lyons took sixth in the Under 8 Boys race and Dominic Pauley crossed the line eighth in the Under 12 Boys contest.
You may also want to watch:
Angus Lawrence (Under 16 Boys) and Nathan Gibson (Junior Male) both finished 10th while at the other end of the age spectrum, Andy Fountain was seventh in the 50+ Veteran section.
Other St Ives Cycling Club results: Samuel Smith (11th, Under 10 Boys), Liam Conway (14th, Under 12 Boys), Aidan Lucking (23rd, Under 12 Boys), Ben Hall (15th, Under 16 Boys), Max Falkner (17th, Under 16 Boys), Ollie Maynard (19th, Under 16 Boys), Nick Hall (12th, Junior Male), Joshua Ibbett (16th, Senior Male), Mick Curtis (53rd, 50+ Veteran), Tim Phillips (31st, 40+ Veteran), Leo Falkner (33rd, 40+ Veteran), Nick Smith (40th, 40+ Veteran), Mike Hoy (44th, 40+ Veteran) and Slavik Ivantsiv (66th, 40+ Veteran).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
* It was a hectic weekend for Beatrice Pauley and Curtis as they competed in the second round of the National Trophy the previous day.
Pauley also pipped her clubmate by one place in that event at Abergavenny, in Wales, as she finished 15th in the Under 14 Girls race with Curtis in 16th spot.