CYCLOCROSS: Cora and Liam are Muddy Marvels, while fellow St Ives riders impress on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Cora Wood and Liam Conway provided home successes as St Ives Cycling Club staged the second round of the Muddy Monsters North Cambs League.
Wood was the winner of the Under 8 Girls section at Hinchingbrooke School last Saturday with fellow St Ives rider Emmie Cox finishing second. Zoe Kenna just missed out on the podium when fourth.
But there was a clean sweep for St Ives at Under 12 Boys level as Conway pedalled to glory and was followed home by Aaron O’Connor and Jacob Wood.
Samuel Smith (2nds) and Ralph Bicknell (3rd) provided more podium finishers in the Under 10 Boys contest.
The growing strength of St Ives Cycling Club was also evident last Sunday thanks to their largest entry of riders in a National Trophy event.
You may also want to watch:
Eight riders lined up for the final round of the series in Ipswich and Beatrice Pauley was the pick of the bunch when taking ninth place at Under 14 Girls level. Sapphire Curtis was 13th in the same category.
Ralf Falkner finished 25th in the Under 14 Boys section and Cecilia Hime was 26th in the Elite Female bracket. Nick Smith (39th, Veteran Male 40-49), Nathan Gibson (40th, Junior Male), Max Falkner (46th, Under 16 Boys) and Ollie Maynard (48th, Under 16 Boys) also competed.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house