CYCLOCROSS: Cecilia signs off in style during a weekend of success for St Ives Cycling Club
- Credit: Archant
Cecilia Hime completed a sparkling Eastern Region League campaign in trademark fashion last Sunday.
The St Ives Cycling Club star powered to Junior Female success in the final round at Milton Country Park to rubber-stamp her overall triumph in that section. She was also the first female finisher in any category at the Cambridge venue.
Two other St Ives talents claimed podium finishes in the closing race of the series. Orla Kenna was second at Under 12 level and Ruby O’Dell finished third in the Under 10 Girls contest. They also occupied those positions overall.
Beatrice Pauley (third in Under 14 Girls) and Nick Hall (third in Junior Male) also impressed in the final round along with a host of other St Ives riders.
Dominic Pauley (Under 12 Boys) and Ralph Falkner (Under 14 Boys) both finished fifth, while Sapphire Curtis was sixth in the Under 14 Girls bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Other top-10 efforts came from Cora Wood (seventh in Under 10 Girls) and Joshua Ibbett (eighth in Senior Male).
St Ives Cycling Club also enjoyed success in the third round of the North Cambs Muddy Monsters League last Saturday thanks to the exploits of their ‘Go Ride’ team.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Aron O’Connor took victory in the Under 12 Boys section at Coveney, near Ely, with Jacob Wood finishing third in the same category.
There was another first and third for the club at Under 8 Girls level where Cora Wood triumphed and Emmie Cox also impressed.
Ralph Bricknell (second in Under 10 Boys), Katie Cox (second in Under 10 Girls) and Logan Lyons (third in Under 8 Boys) also climbed onto the podium.
* Sarah Kelman was the second female finisher in the Full Gas Criterium Elite1234 race at Lee Valley VeloPark last Saturday.