CYCLOCROSS: Beatrice takes centre stage in the Central League thanks to back-to-back wins
- Credit: Archant
St Ives CC Go Ride star Beatrice Pauley is celebrating back-to-back wins in the Central Cyclocross League.
The 12-year-old powered to victory in the Under 14 girls race at the eighth round of the series at Dinton Pastures Country Park in Wokingham last weekend – following up her triumph in the previous round a week earlier.
Pauley’s younger brother, Dominic (10), took eighth place in the Under 12 boys race.
There was a hat-trick of second places for St Ives riders in the 12th round of the Eastern Region League at Hempton. Ruby O’Dell (7), Orla Kenna (9) and Sapphire Curtis (12) were the trio to impress in Under 8, Under 10, and Under 14 girls races respectively.
Nathan Gibson battled on with a bloody leg and mechanical trouble to finish eighth in the Under 16 boys race despite taking an early tumble.
You may also want to watch:
And there was also a fine ride from a St Ives member on the bigger stage as 15-year-old Cecilia Hime took 13th in the Junior Women’s category at the third round of the National Trophy Cyclocross Series in Tyne & Wear.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester