CYCLING: Tucker triumphs in style by smashing his own course record
- Credit: Archant
James Tucker smashed his own course record when triumphing in the latest St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial.
The biggest turnout of 2017 took to the course, starting and finishing at Sawtry, last Wednesday night.
But the event was dominated by just one of the 28 riders on show as Tucker powered to victory in a time of 20 mins, 30 secs.
He was more than three minutes quicker than runner-up Andrew Knowles (23.34) while Paul Schofield was a further eight seconds back in third (23.42).
Nick Hall was the fastest Under 18 rider as he finished fifth in 24.33, while there was no surprise as Wendy Gooding collected another ‘fastest lady’ award with a personal-best effort of 25.20, which earned ninth place overall.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives CC 10-mile time trial (top 10): 1 James Tucker 20.30, 2 Andrew Knowles 23.34, 3 Paul Schofield 23.42, 4 Mike Hoy 24.18, 5 Nick Hall 24.33, 6 Sean Purser 24.43, 7 Phil Oxborough 24.51, 8 Ken Rolland 25.17, 9 Wendy Gooding 25.20, 10 Nick Roberts 25.30.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester