CYCLING: St Ives youngsters on the right track in circuit series
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club collected four podium finishes when hosting the fifth round of the Eastern Region Youth Circuit Series.
Alconbury Weald provided the stage for a series of exciting races last Saturday.
Cora Wood took second spot in the Under 8 Girls race with clubmate Ruby O’Dell just behind in third.
Ralph Bicknell also claimed silver in the Under 8 Boys bracket and Liam Conway was runner-up in the Under 10 Boys event.
Brothers Angus and Edward Lawrence finished fifth in Under 14 Boys and seventh in Under 12 Boys respectively, while Nathan Gibson took fifth at Under 16 Boys level. Ben Hall was seventh in that race.
You may also want to watch:
Other St Ives riders in action were Logan Lyons (eighth in Under 10 Boys), Henry Harris (eighth in Under 12 Boys), Jacob Wood (10th in Under 12 Boys) and Ollie Maynard (seventh in Under 14 Boys).
O’Dell also claimed a podium finish the following day when third in the Under 9 Girls category at the sixth round of the Eastern Cross-Country Series.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Sam Trotter took third in the Youth Male Category at Hintlesham, in Suffolk, with Gibson fourth.
Sapphire Curtis also just missed out on a medal when fourth in the Juvenile Female section.