CYCLING: Phillips pedals to glory in weekly time trial
- Credit: Archant
Tim Phillips powered to victory in the latest St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial.
Phillips completed the course, which starts and finishes at Sawtry, in a time of 23.16 last Wednesday night.
Only one second split the other podium finishers with Phil Oxborough taking second spot in 24.26 and Ken Rolland completing in 24.27.
Oxborough’s effort is all the more impressive given he competes on a standard road bike, yet still managed an average speed of in excess of 24.5 miles per hour.
Wendy Gooding was the leading lady in fourth position overall, while leading Under 18 rider, Angus Lawrence, finished one place further back in fifth.
Results: 1 Tim Phillips 23.16, 2 Phil Oxborough 24.26, 3 Ken Rolland 24.27, 4 Wendy Gooding 25.39, 5 Angus Lawrence 26.22, 6 Adam Cornthwaite 26.23, 7 Tony Cork 26.42, 8 Stuart Harper 26.45, 9 Nathan Gibson 27.07, 10 Becky Summerell 27.25, 11 Ollie Maynard 28.22, 12 Mick Curtis 29.55, 13 Cecilia Hime 30.47, 14 Sapphire Curtis 31.06, 15 Chris Penney 31.18, 16 Donna Hime 31.24, 17 Ryan O’Dell 32.08.
- 1 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 OBITUARY: village resident Roma aged 101 dies