CYCLING: Phillips pedals to glory in weekly time trial
- Credit: Archant
Tim Phillips powered to victory in the latest St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial.
Phillips completed the course, which starts and finishes at Sawtry, in a time of 23.16 last Wednesday night.
Only one second split the other podium finishers with Phil Oxborough taking second spot in 24.26 and Ken Rolland completing in 24.27.
Oxborough’s effort is all the more impressive given he competes on a standard road bike, yet still managed an average speed of in excess of 24.5 miles per hour.
Wendy Gooding was the leading lady in fourth position overall, while leading Under 18 rider, Angus Lawrence, finished one place further back in fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 1 Tim Phillips 23.16, 2 Phil Oxborough 24.26, 3 Ken Rolland 24.27, 4 Wendy Gooding 25.39, 5 Angus Lawrence 26.22, 6 Adam Cornthwaite 26.23, 7 Tony Cork 26.42, 8 Stuart Harper 26.45, 9 Nathan Gibson 27.07, 10 Becky Summerell 27.25, 11 Ollie Maynard 28.22, 12 Mick Curtis 29.55, 13 Cecilia Hime 30.47, 14 Sapphire Curtis 31.06, 15 Chris Penney 31.18, 16 Donna Hime 31.24, 17 Ryan O’Dell 32.08.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme