CYCLING: Final success for Desborough, double for Phillips, and honours hat-trick for Gooding
- Credit: Archant
Lee Desborough was victorious in the final St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial of the year.
Desborough triumphed in a time of 23.36 despite experiencing mechanical issues with his gearing.
Wendy Gooding took second spot in 25.37 and Daniel Rigby finished third in 25.43. Nick Hall (25.46) was the fastest junior to complete the course starting and finishing at Sawtry.
The overall titles were dished out following the final event – and there was a hat-trick of honours for one rider.
Wendy Gooding scooped the female and veteran female prizes, and also won the veteran-against-standard competition where riders are given target times based on age and gender.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Phillips won the male and veteran male categories, while Nathan Gibson was the leading junior male. Lilly O’Dell was best junior female rider.
Phillips (22.43) and Gooding (25.05) also clocked the fastest time by male and female competitor respectively.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k