Cup glory for top teen
County junior star Rae wins Handicap Cup at County Junior Championship
AMY RAE continued her terrific run of recent form by winning the Handicap Cup at the County Junior Championship last Wednesday.
The 17-year-old county junior captain shot two excellent rounds of nett 75 and 72 for a total 147 to edge Megan Willis of Old Nene – who shot 155 after nett scores of 77 and 78 - into second spot.
Rae’s success followed on from her Cambs and Hunts Championship triumph the previous week.
And the player she beat in that final, nearest rival Miranda Brain, produced a magnificent eagle on the 36th hole to claim the overall Junior County Girls’ title - for the fifth time.
You may also want to watch:
After posting a solid opening morning round of 79, the Gog Magog player took a one-shot lead over Rae in the 36-hole event.
In the afternoon, both players produced some excellent golf as they matched each other stroke for stroke.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
But it took a final-hole eagle three on the par five 18th hole by Brain for a fantastic round of 75 - that clinched it by three shots, with a gross score of 154.