Cross country success for Hunts runners
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC athletes collected 10 medals in the Cambridgeshire Cross-Country Championships.
Jim Stocker captured the club’s only gold medal by winning the Veteran M60 race while Shane Hunt grabbed bronze at M50 level. Richard Hancock had a fine first outing for the club by teaming up with Steve Church and Wayne Gimblett to earn Veteran Men’s team bronze.
Karen Cameron’s silver medal in the W45 class and Hilary McConville’s bronze in the W55 provided further senior successes.
And the young guns were also in fine form in the Priory Park fog in St Neots. Sophie Worrall was a double-winner as she took individual and team bronze in the Under 11 Girls race. Lizzie Harrison and Angel Lyden provided the back-up.
Shannon Flockhart continued her good form by taking silver in the Under 13 Girls category while Amy Chalmers, Polly Smith and Ella Blake earned team silver at Under 17 Women’s level.
Joey Croft completed the junior medal haul by taking bronze in the Under 15 Boys race.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates