Cross country success for Hunts runners
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC athletes collected 10 medals in the Cambridgeshire Cross-Country Championships.
Jim Stocker captured the club’s only gold medal by winning the Veteran M60 race while Shane Hunt grabbed bronze at M50 level. Richard Hancock had a fine first outing for the club by teaming up with Steve Church and Wayne Gimblett to earn Veteran Men’s team bronze.
Karen Cameron’s silver medal in the W45 class and Hilary McConville’s bronze in the W55 provided further senior successes.
And the young guns were also in fine form in the Priory Park fog in St Neots. Sophie Worrall was a double-winner as she took individual and team bronze in the Under 11 Girls race. Lizzie Harrison and Angel Lyden provided the back-up.
Shannon Flockhart continued her good form by taking silver in the Under 13 Girls category while Amy Chalmers, Polly Smith and Ella Blake earned team silver at Under 17 Women’s level.
You may also want to watch:
Joey Croft completed the junior medal haul by taking bronze in the Under 15 Boys race.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school