CRICKET: Victory and a tie as Hunts Under 11s stage terrific Twenty20 event
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 11s impressed when staging a triangular Twenty20 tournament at Ramsey last week.
The local youngsters breezed to a 29-run victory against Lincolnshire before being involved in a dramatic tie against Norfolk.
Captain Luke Ashwell (39) and Oliver Parncutt (28no) put together an 82-run partnership for the third wicket to help Hunts post 138-3 against Lincolnshire.
The visitors reached 109-3 in reply with Callum Daws (2-25) being the most successful Hunts bowler.
Jairus Charles was the leading Hunts player with ball and bat in the deadlock against Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
He took 3-14 as Norfolk posted 127-7 and then hit 31 as Hunts finished on 127-5 with Jacob Watling (30) run out off the final delivery with Jack Haynes also run out for 30.
Hunts Under 11s squad: Luke Ashwell (captain), Jairus Charles, Callum Daws, Ryan Fowler, Harry Gilman, Jack Haynes, Jack Hodgson, Max Jordison, Oliver Parncutt, James Pawley, Noah Smith, Divyeash Vaseeharan, Jacob Watling.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need