CRICKET: Super scalp for Hunts Under 25s
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 25s claimed the scalp of previously unbeaten East of England Development Competition leaders Suffolk last Thursday.
The local side triumphed by 30 runs at Copdock when successfully defending their tally of 161 in a match reduced to 40 overs per side following heavy overnight rain.
Alex Marsh, who skippered Hunts in the absence of regular captain Jonny Carpenter, elected to bat after winning the toss.
Pat Harrington (41), Dan Wood (28) and Jack Anglberger (25) were the biggest contributors to a score that looked vulnerable.
But Suffolk’s reply never got going as four Hunts bowlers – Stu Dockerill, Josh Smith, Laurie Marsh and Ryan Smith – picked up two wickets apiece.
You may also want to watch:
Marsh and Smith both struck twice in the space of five balls, while opening bowlers Joe Watling and Josh Colebrook each collected one wicket, as the hosts were removed for 131.
Hunts Under 25s have now won two of their three completed outings this summer. They are back in action when hosting Cambridgeshire at Waresley on Monday.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives