CRICKET: Senior men shine as Kimbolton maintain title hopes with success, but bottom side Warboys and Huntingdon & District suffer defeats
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of ‘experienced veterans’ to the fore for Kimbolton as they continued their Cambs & Hunts Premier League title challenge yesterday.
That’s how skipper James Biddle described his star contributors in a 126-run success against Ufford Park in Whiting & Partners Division Two.
Martin Moore produced his best figures for three years with a 5-16 return which helped dismiss the visitors for just 65 and close out victory.
Lee Ingram also impressed with the ball, taking 3-17 to follow up a top-scoring innings of 48. Matt Aldwinckle added 39 as Kimbolton reached 191-9.
They remain second in the standings, nine points behind Sawston & Babraham, who eased past Warboys in a top-versus-bottom clash yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Whitfield and Dan Hyde both hit 32 as Warboys reached 142. Whitfield also claimed 3-22 before the home side prevailed by six wickets.
Andy Wright’s smart 71 was not enough to prevent a third successive defeat for Huntingdon & District.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
They were beaten by six wickets by Cambridge Granta 2nds at St Peters Road.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT lost to CAMBRIDGE GRANTA 2NDS by 6 wkts
Huntingdon & District 208-9 (A. Wright 71).
Cambridge Granta 2nds 209-4.
KIMBOLTON beat UFFORD PARK by 126 runs
Kimbolton 191-9 (L. Ingram 48, M. Aldwinckle 39).
Ufford Park 65 (M. Moore 5-16, L. Ingram 3-17).
SAWSTON & BABRAHAM beat WARBOYS by 6 wkts
Warboys 142 (D. Hyde 32, C. Whitfield 32).
Sawston & Babraham 144-4 (C. Whitfield 3-22).