CRICKET: Senior men shine as Kimbolton maintain title hopes with success, but bottom side Warboys and Huntingdon & District suffer defeats
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of ‘experienced veterans’ to the fore for Kimbolton as they continued their Cambs & Hunts Premier League title challenge yesterday.
That’s how skipper James Biddle described his star contributors in a 126-run success against Ufford Park in Whiting & Partners Division Two.
Martin Moore produced his best figures for three years with a 5-16 return which helped dismiss the visitors for just 65 and close out victory.
Lee Ingram also impressed with the ball, taking 3-17 to follow up a top-scoring innings of 48. Matt Aldwinckle added 39 as Kimbolton reached 191-9.
They remain second in the standings, nine points behind Sawston & Babraham, who eased past Warboys in a top-versus-bottom clash yesterday.
Chris Whitfield and Dan Hyde both hit 32 as Warboys reached 142. Whitfield also claimed 3-22 before the home side prevailed by six wickets.
Andy Wright’s smart 71 was not enough to prevent a third successive defeat for Huntingdon & District.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
They were beaten by six wickets by Cambridge Granta 2nds at St Peters Road.
CAMBS & HUNTS PREMIER LEAGUE
Whiting & Partners Division Two
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT lost to CAMBRIDGE GRANTA 2NDS by 6 wkts
Huntingdon & District 208-9 (A. Wright 71).
Cambridge Granta 2nds 209-4.
KIMBOLTON beat UFFORD PARK by 126 runs
Kimbolton 191-9 (L. Ingram 48, M. Aldwinckle 39).
Ufford Park 65 (M. Moore 5-16, L. Ingram 3-17).
SAWSTON & BABRAHAM beat WARBOYS by 6 wkts
Warboys 142 (D. Hyde 32, C. Whitfield 32).
Sawston & Babraham 144-4 (C. Whitfield 3-22).