CRICKET: Sayer seeks sponsorship for Indian coaching camp
- Credit: Archant
A top cricketer from Huntingdonshire is seeking sponsorship to help boost his promising first-class career.
Rob Sayer, who is a member of the Leicestershire squad, is due to travel India later this month for an intensive five-week coaching course designed to improve his all-round skills. Last winter he travelled to New Zealand to work with Kiwi international Jeetan Patel.
The 22 year-old, an off spinner and stylish batsman from Ramsey St Mary, has made 34 appearances across all formats for Leicestershire’s senior side. He also helped England to a third-placed finish in an Under 19 World Cup.
“The idea is to experience different conditions, bowl against world class players of spin and develop skills,” Sayer said. “It will be great preparation for the first-class season
“If a business does come forward to sponsor me, I can put the company sticker on my bat and make appearances at any events they may want me to attend.
“They would also have the opportunity to watch games at Grace Road. Basically I’ll do anything for the company as long as the cricket calender permits it.”
It will be a busy schedule for Sayer in India. There will be three practice sessions a day and video analysis.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 7 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 8 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Anyone interested in helping with the cost of the trip can e-mail email@example.com or tweet him @Sayer1995.