CRICKET: Runs for Charles and wickets for Spragg as Hunts Under 11s taste success on tour
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 11s collected one victory during their recent tour to the Royal Hospital School at Holbrook, in Suffolk.
Jairus Charles hit an unbeaten 45 and spinner Alex Spragg claimed 4-14 in a five-wicket success against North Essex – Hunts easing past their opponents’ offering of 108-5.
Hunts were beaten by Oxfordshire by 95 runs in their only other completed game.
Divyeash Vaseeharan took 2-4 as Oxfordshire reached 137-9 before skittling Hunts for just 42.
Clashes against London Schools and Northumberland were both halted by rain with Luke Ashwell unbeaten on 31 in the latter Twenty20 contest as Hunts reached 97-5 before the heavens opened.
You may also want to watch:
They were 54-2 in reply – Vaseeharan 22no - to London Schools’ effort of 187-6 when that game was brought to a premature conclusion. Jacob Watling took 2-30.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester